1. I am 36 weeks now! Hello, honeydew! (Which is how big Sophia is according the TheBump’s very odd weekly fruit comparison.)
2. It’s funny how vivid pregnancy dreams are! For the past week or so, all my dreams (well one’s that include my kiddos) have included Sophia. She’s usually still a newborn for most of them. I can’t wait to see her little face!
3. I had big plans to get the finishing touches done this weekend and maybe even get the house deep cleaned. Apparently “getting ready for the baby” means different things to mom vs. dad. For me… I wanted to clean the house, finish up her laundry, make sure my bag was packed, maybe even get wild and install the car seat. For him… evidently it meant change my oil, fill up my tank, rotate my tires, wash my car, and vacuum it out. Ha-ha men.
4. In his defense he did setup the baby monitor though. And he was super cute about it.
5. We didn’t have BellaRoo this weekend, and it occurred to us that this is probably our last “kid-free” weekend for a very, very long time. We got massages Friday night, which were a-mazing, albeit awkward trying to flip over side to side 9months pregnant, and after we decided to be really crazy and go to Olive Garden for dinner ha-ha.
6. True story-
Waitress at OG: “Oh, wow, when are you due?”
Me: “End of the month; few more weeks.”
Waitress: “Really? We have a hostess here due next week and she’s WAY smaller than you.”
Me: “Can you please bring us some bread sticks so I can beat you with them?”…. ok JK on that last quip, but it did cross my mind. Seriously people!
7. I did find time this weekend to make brownies. Like the best-ever-I-will-never-buy-another-mix brownies. No matter what you’re doing, there is always time for brownies. Recipe here.
8. Why is it that even when you know something is going to happen, it still surprises you when it actually does. Is this another one of nature’s cruel jokes, kind of like how you forget how bad labor really was so that you are tricked into doing it again?
9. I got my ticket to Blissdom 2013! I am soooo excited that it is going to be in Texas next year. Are you going?
10. I got my maternity pictures back and I just love them. Come back Wednesday to see more!