1. I can’t believe it’s already mid-October! One of my friends posted on Facebook that we are in the “Glitter Season”- meaning those of us with kids won’t have clean floors again until Easter. So true ha-ha.
2. I have no idea what BellaRoo is going to be for Halloween this year. She is getting to the age now where I can’t get away with picking out her costumes alone anymore. I’m hoping to still be able to “gently guide” her in picking one out. My baby is getting too big y’all!
3. Speaking of babies getting too big, I can’t believe Sophia is almost 6 weeks old! I finally got around to making her outfits for her monthly pictures. (So we’re a little behind on month one…)
4. James was asked to go speak to all of the kindergarten classes at BellaRoo’s school. He did such a great job; the kids were just in awe of him. When he put on his air pack one of the kids yelled out that he sounded like Darth Vader ha-ha. Another little boy just kept staring at him and telling the kid next to him that James was a “REAL fireman!” 100 adorable kids full of excitement– and questions!
5. So as a firefighter wife that means I’m also a single mom every third day. Of course these are the days that one kid is throwing up, one kid is up all night, we run out of milk for breakfast in the morning, there’s a huge bug in the house, the cat throws up on the floor… all of which have happened to me so far. But on this lovely morning I get a call at 7am from a neighbor that Maverick is in her back yard. GREAT! As I am trying to get one kid fed, and one kid off to school, now I have to go get the *(#&^% dog! Thankfully she brought him by so I didn’t have to get the girls out.
6. Last night Sophia slept from 12-5, ate, and then slept until 9am… Like slept at night time… When normal people sleep… While its dark outside…! This no sleep/ sleeping at weird hours thing is killing me.
7. I have my six-week check-up today after having Sophia. I’m so ready for the Dr to release me to work out! I’m only 13lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight… but before you hate me for how quickly the weight has dropped off, my body is nowhere near what it was pre-baby. In fact I’m not sure it will ever be the same. Sigh.
8. I guess I got a little too anxious about being able to work out… because I signed up to do a 5k next month! It’s one of the “color in motion” color runs (where you wear all white and people douse you in color as you run past). I’m super excited. There’s a couple other Texas Bloggers signing up to run too so it should be a lot of fun!!
9. So raise your hand if you are attending Online BlogCon? If not, go now and register while there is still time!!! Well, I was soo soo excited when Ashton & Dorothy asked me to design the website, and I didn’t think I could be more excited… until I saw my design recreated in chocolate by Aimee! How fun is that??
10. I’ve finally been baking regularly again! I made some yummy Fall treats last week- Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies and Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars coming soon!